AIM
a1009kman

Guitar Vs. Piano 2 Guitar Vs. Piano 2

As good as the first

If you do make a third Guitar vs. Piano, could you please start with the piano; I really want to see what else you can do...

.:Epiphany:. .:Epiphany:.

Sorry but...

Straight eighth notes do not belong prominently in Jazz; I just can't give this a high rating in this category.

camoshark responds:

I'm sorry, but straight eighths DO belong in the Jazz category, you simply haven't listened to enough REAL Jazz.

Jazz has so much distinct categories, that things you thought were something else are actually part of it. Things such as Bossa Nova (Blue Bossa, Black Orpheus(SS20 did a great version of this)), Third-Stream (Dave Brubeck, the master of the genre (Take Five, Blue Rondo à la Turk)), Latin Jazz (Caravan, Watermelon Man), and many others, all in Straight Eighths.

My song goes in the Ballad category, wich is for the most part in straight eighths, and I'm pretty sure i know what I'm talking about when I say this song goes in the Jazz category.

So next time, please make sure what you say is actually revelant to anything, or that you're actually positive about what you're saying.

Cheers,
Samuel Hébert

Maple Leaf Rag (Revisited) Maple Leaf Rag (Revisited)

Not feelin it...

Call me old fashioned, but a ragtime classic such as a Joplin is meant to stay on a piano. the original feel of the song is lost in this genre.

Spanish Waltz Spanish Waltz

Awesome

I always love hearing this song as my fingers relax from castle crashing. Catchy tune that loops perfectly.

Moondance Moondance

Great

A slight tempo inconsistency, but great overall.

_Dreadnaught_ _Dreadnaught_

Impressive

Beautiful composition. The transitions and the different feels make this piece whole.

Extravaganza Extravaganza

Awesome

A perfect blend of Rock and Jazz. Also, nice touch of cowbell in the middle.

From Heaven To Hell And Back From Heaven To Hell And Back

Great Composition

The use of upper choral voices (especially in the 30 second intro) really add to the feel of this song. Awesome.

Maple Leaf Rag Rmix Maple Leaf Rag Rmix

Awesome

This would do Scott Joplin proud!

mariofan220 responds:

Amen!

Wormhole (NG) Wormhole (NG)

Awesome

Great song. I especially enjoyed the pseudo-piano at 1:20.